Important Information and Dates Pertaining to Theses Defences
Please review your responsibilities, and those of your supervisor in the Graduate Thesis Supervision document.
When you are getting ready to write your thesis, you should consult the guidelines.
Please note that templates may be provided by your Department/School or The Learning Technologies Centre, however it is the responsibility of each student to ensure that their thesis conforms to the formatting required by Graduate Studies as outlined in the Instructions for the Preparation and Presentation of Master's Theses document.
If you have any questions, please direct them to the Graduate Studies Officer.
Forms pertaining to theses defences can be found under the FORMS section of our website.
DEADLINES TO APPLY TO GRADUATE (Fall 2021 - Spring 2023)
- FALL 2021 - August 27th, 2021
- SPRING 2022 - January 10th, 2022
- FALL 2022 - August 26th, 2022
- SPRING 2023 - January 9th, 2023
* Please login to Colleague Self-Service to apply to graduate. If you miss the deadline listed above for the time period that you wish to graduate, please contact the Registrar's Office. You may still be able to make an application, but there will be a late fee charged to your Student Account.
DEADLINES TO SUBMIT FINAL THESIS (Fall 2021 - Spring 2023)
- FALL 2021 Graduation - September 24th, 2021
- TO AVOID WINTER 2022 fees -- December 17th, 2021
- SPRING 2022 Convocation - April 25th, 2022
- FALL 2022 Graduation - September 28th, 2022
- TO AVOID WINTER 2023 fees -- December 16th, 2022
- SPRING 2023 Convocation - April 24th, 2023
- As you begin your thesis writing, please consult the Instructions For the Preparation and Presentation of Master's Theses document to ensure you are formatting your document according to the guidelines.
- Submit an electronic copy of your thesis by email to the Graduate Studies Officer along with the signed Request for Master's Thesis Defence form four (4) weeks prior to the confirmed defence date.
- The Supervisor/Graduate Coordinator will identify a suitable external examiner. PLEASE NOTE: Students are not permitted to have contact with the external examiner prior to the defence date. For more detailed information, please refer to the Instructions For the Preparation and Presentation of Master's Theses document.
- As you prepare your final thesis for submission, please refer to the Student Check List.
- You and your supervisor will sign the Thesis Declaration form after all revisions have been made and submit it to the Graduate Studies Officer.
- You will upload your final thesis (after defence and revisions) to ACORN