Important Information and Dates Pertaining to Theses Defences
Please review your responsibilities, and those of your supervisor in the Graduate Thesis Supervision document.
Forms pertaining to theses defences can be found under the FORMS section of our website.
DEADLINES TO APPLY TO GRADUATE (Spring 2020 - Spring 2023 )
- SPRING 2020 - January 6th, 2020
- FALL 2020 - August 28th, 2020
- SPRING 2021 - January 11th, 2021
- FALL 2021 - August 27th, 2021
- SPRING 2022 - January 10th, 2022
- FALL 2022 - August 20th, 2022
- SPRING 2023 - January 9th, 2023
* If you miss the deadline listed above for the time period that you wish to graduate, please contact the Registrar's Office. You may still be able to make an application, but there will be a late fee charged to your Student Account.
DEADLINES TO SUBMIT FINAL THESIS TO GRADUATE STUDIES
- TO AVOID WINTER 2020 fees --- December 13th, 2019
- SPRING 2020 Convocation - April 24th, 2020
- FALL 2020 Graduation - September 18th, 2020
- TO AVOID WINTER 2021 fees -- December 18th, 2020
- SPRING 2021 Convocation - April 23rd, 2021
- FALL 2021 Graduation - September 24th, 2021
- TO AVOID WINTER 2022 fees -- December 17th, 2021
- SPRING 2022 Convocation - April 25th, 2022
- FALL 2022 Graduation - September 28th, 2022
- TO AVOID WINTER 2023 fees -- December 16th, 2022
- SPRING 2023 Convocation - April 24th, 2023
- Request an oral at least 4 weeks in advance through the Graduate Studies Officer by submitting one (1) hard copy of the thesis (to be provided to the Chair of the defence) along with an electronic copy (by email) to the Graduate Studies Officer.This MUST be accompanied by the signed request for oral form.
- If the external reader has requested a hard copy, you must submit an additional hard copy to the Graduate Studies Office.
- If any other member of the committee requires a hard copy, it is your/your supervisor's responsibility to provide a copy to him/her.
- The Supervisor/Head of Department or delegate will identify a suitable external reader. PLEASE NOTE: Students are not permitted to have contact with the external reader. For further info on this, please check the guidelines.
- You are required to submit one (1) printed copy (single-sided or double-sided at the preference of you and your supervisor) of your FINAL thesis to Research and Graduate Studies and also an electronic copy to the Library. Please go to the Library website to upload your PDF document. You are responsible for submitting a copy of your Confirmation Report to the Graduate Studies Office at the time of your final thesis submission. There are also a number of required forms to be submitted. Please refer to the Student Check List.