Important Information and Dates Pertaining to Theses Defences
Please review your responsibilities, and those of your supervisor in the Graduate Thesis Supervision document.
Forms pertaining to theses defences can be found under the FORMS section of our website.
- Deadline to apply to graduate for FALL 2018 is August 31, 2018. If you miss the deadline to apply, please contact the Registrar's Office.
- Deadline to submit FINAL thesis in order to graduate in FALL 2018 is September 28th.
- Deadline to submit FINAL thesis in order to avoid Winter 2019 fees (applicable to part-time students only) is December 14th.
- Deadline to apply to graduate for SPRING 2019 is January 25th. If you miss the deadline to apply to graduate, please contact the Registrar's Office.
- Deadline to submit FINAL thesis in order to graduate in SPRING 2019 is May 3rd, 2019
- Request an oral at least 4 weeks in advance through the Graduate Studies Officer by submitting one (1) hard copy of the thesis (to be provided to the Chair of the defence) along with an electronic copy (by email) to the Graduate Studies Officer.This MUST be accompanied by the signed request for oral form.
- If the external reader has requested a hard copy, you must submit an additional hard copy to the Graduate Studies Office.
- If any other member of the committee requires a hard copy, it is your/your supervisor's responsibility to provide a copy to him/her.
- The Supervisor/Head of Department or delegate will identify a suitable external reader. PLEASE NOTE: Students are not permitted to have contact with the external reader. For further info on this, please check the guidelines.
- You are required to submit one (1) printed copy (single-sided or double-sided at the preference of you and your supervisor) of your FINAL thesis to Research and Graduate Studies and also an electronic copy to the Library. Please go to the Library website to upload your PDF document. You are responsible for submitting a copy of your Confirmation Report to the Graduate Studies Office at the time of your final thesis submission. There are also a number of required forms to be submitted. Please refer to the Student Check List.