Theses Defence Forms

The .docx files below have been checked for accessibility.

Forms for Students:

Preparing & Presenting Theses .docx / .pdf
Request for Master's Thesis Defence .docx / .pdf
Thesis Defence Responsibilites .docx / .pdf
Student Checklist (for after the defence) .docx / .pdf
Thesis Publication Withhold Request .docx

Forms for Thesis Committee and/or Supervisors:

External Examiner Invite (optional) .docx / .pdf
Guide for Chairing a Master's Defence .docx / .pdf
Checklist for Chairs .docx / .pdf
Thesis Defence Responsibilities .docx / .pdf
Acadia Outstanding Master's Research Award  .pdf
Internal Examiner Report .docx / .pdf
External Examiner Report .docx / .pdf
Thesis Declaration Form .docx / .pdf


Graduate Student Course Advising Form (optional)

This form, if adopted by an academic unit, is to be completed by the student and supervisor (or Graduate Coordinator if a supervisor wasn’t confirmed at the time of admission) prior to start of classes.

Pay Authorization Forms
Payroll Forms

In order to be set up on Acadia University's Payroll System, you must fill out personal payroll forms. Please consult the Human Resources website for further details. The three (3) forms required are:

  • New Hire Information Form
  • Federal Personal Tax Credit Form
  • NS Provincial Tax Credit Form
Leave of Absence & Program Extensions

For policies on Leave of Absences and Program Extensions, and the required forms for submission, please visit:

Conference Funding

Graduate students presenting at a conference (or professional workshop) can apply for assistance through Graduate Studies <Application form>

Travel Claim Form

If you need to submit a travel claim, please visit the Business Office website for further details and the required form.

Graduate Curriculum Forms

Curriculum changes must to be approved by:

1. The dept/school;
2. Heads/Directors; then
3. Faculty Council.

Curriculum Forms are located on the Registrar's Office website at:

When the forms are ready to be sent to Graduate Studies, they should be submitted either by the dept/school requesting the changes, OR the Dean's Office, after the Faculty Council meeting has taken place and the changes have been approved.

IMPORTANT NOTE per MPHEC Website: As a rule, modifications to a degree that affect approximately 25% or more of the program require submission to MPHEC. Normally, these modifications ought to be submitted using the Information Requirements for Proposals to Modify Programs. In some instances, however, the modification ought to be submitted as a proposal for a new program given the extent of the change; for example, normally, if the proposal is to introduce a new major or stream within an existing degree program, the proposal ought to be submitted following the Information Requirements for Proposals for New Programs. Please refer to the MPHEC website at: